If you're beginning an office automation project, where should you start? We've put together recommendations guaranteed to help you meet your business goals.
Common issues caused by relying on paper
Finding Documents: Traditional filing systems require physical access, and time is often wasted on a trip to a file cabinet or file room looking for a misfiled document. Or perhaps the document you’ve been searching for has been sitting on your very own desk in a stack of folders all along.
How do you get the information you need today, and is the time you spend hunting for it stopping you from doing bigger, better things?
Passing documents back and forth: How many of your business processes hinge on the movement of paper? For example, do people wait to receive approval forms without any visibility into where the forms are in the process?
Do you wish you could eliminate these bottlenecks?
Quick wins a document management system delivers
Here are seven scenarios that show some of the many benefits of going paperless. We’ve chosen them because they will give you the fastest results in terms of process improvement and cost savings. And it increases employee satisfaction by reducing time spent on repetitive manual tasks.
1. Automating invoice processing
2. Digital employee onboarding creates a great first impression
Without digitization, onboarding a new employee is very paper-intensive. The new hire usually spends their first day on the job filling out forms that range from health insurance election to direct deposit and emergency contacts.
With electronic forms, the new employee fills out onboarding information that is common to all forms once and all of them are populated automatically. Online forms can even be completed at home before the new employee starts work. Form data can also be delivered to HR, payroll, purchasing, IT and other departments.
Automated workflow makes everything easier. For example, HR management can create an onboarding checklist of required tasks, including acknowledgment of employment, confidentiality agreements and initial training plans. It also streamlines provisioning to make sure new employees have all supplies and equipment they need on day one.
Speedier hiring supports rapid expansion for a large retail chain
B&M Retail is a fast-growing retail chain in the United Kingdom. It operates more than 600 stores and has approximately 28,000 employees.
3. Why your company needs electronic signature
- Better adherence to security and compliance requirements
- Improved support for remote workflows
- The ability to eliminate paper and all its associated costs
- More accurate recordkeeping
- Meeting regulatory compliance standards
4. Quality assurance that maintains compliance standards
Seamless integration with an industry solution
5. Pain-Free Audit preparation
Improving audit preparation while operating under strict regulatory control
6. Automating data entry
Eliminating duplicate data entry as part of digital transformation
7. Enforce retention schedules without human intervention
A school system better manages state archiving requirements
3 steps toward digital transformation
- Identify what currently drives up operational costs, what keeps the company from reaching profit objectives and which business workflows have the greatest need for an update.
- Define the steps needed to begin automating processes like order management, accounts receivable and payable, human resources, internal control or compliance and pinpoint the key stakeholders needed for carrying out steps.
- Segment projects into phases and look for short and easy wins. Don’t try to do everything at once.
Ready for easy automation of your business processes?
If you're ready to begin a business process automation initiative, DocuWare can help. With our preconfigured, cloud-based solution for Invoice Processing, Employee Management and Smart Document Control, you can be up and running in just a few days; that's how easy it is to get started. Request a demo to find out more.
Editor's note: This post has been updated for accuracy and new content has been added.