To sign documents in a DocuWare workflow, DocuWare offers the possibility to embed signature providers like Validated ID or DocuSign.
The signature procedures with VIDsigner offer the following options:
- Remote. When a document is sent to Validated ID in a workflow, the responsible employee receives a message and releases the signature from the smartphone, for example, using an SMS code.
- Biometric. A customer signs on a tablet. Biometric data such as writing pressure and speed are recorded and embedded with the signature in the document (list of supported devices).
- Centralized. The user deposits a certificate with Validated ID once, which confirms his or her identity. This allows the user to authenticate and sign documents at Validated ID from anywhere, anytime.
DocuSign service requests signatures using email notifications.
- Once notified, DocuSign offers multiple methods to authenticate the signer including Access Code (similar to a password), SMS code, phone call, or Knowledge Based Authentication
- Optionally, you can also include initials on different pages in addition to a full signature on the signature page of a document.
- Multiple-signer workflow can be automated.
- This globally adopted service meets or exceeds global security and compliance standards such as ISO 27001, GDPR, SSAE 18 (SOC 1 and 2), and more.
Three security levels are available
Signatures differ in their security level. The typed name under an email or a DocuWare stamp are examples of a simple signature. An advanced signature must be encrypted, with part of the key accessible only to the signer. In the case of a qualified signature, the identity of the signer is additionally verified with a certificate deposited with a trust service provider.