In DocuWare workflows, you can integrate signature providers like Validated ID or DocuSign to sign documents.
The signature procedures with VIDsigner offer the following options:
- Remote. When a document is sent to Validated ID within a workflow, the assigned employee gets a notification and can approve the signature using their smartphone, typically with an SMS code.
- Biometric. When a customer signs on a tablet, biometric data like writing pressure and speed are captured and included with the signature in the document. You can find a list of supported devices.
- Centralised. Once a user deposits a certificate with Validated ID to confirm their identity, they can authenticate and sign documents using Validated ID from any location, at any time.
DocuSign service requests signatures using email notifications.
- After receiving a notification, DocuSign provides various ways to authenticate the signer, such as using an Access Code (like a password), SMS code, phone call or Knowledge Based Authentication.
- Optionally, you can add initials on various pages along with a full signature on the designated signature page of a document.
- Multiple-signer workflow can be automated.
- This globally adopted service meets or surpasses global security and compliance standards like ISO 27001, GDPR and more.
Three security levels are available
Signatures vary in their security levels. A typed name in an email or a DocuWare stamp is a simple signature. An advanced signature needs encryption, with part of the key only accessible to the signer. A qualified signature further verifies the signer's identity with a certificate deposited with a trust service provider.