The new DocuWare version 7.8 has a lot to offer for making work easier and more secure. Whether as a user or administrator, whether using it in the cloud or on-premises – there is something for everyone. Take full advantage of these new features...
The Recycle Bin: Your safety net for deleted documents
Have you ever accidentally deleted a document from your tray? Despite being given a security question head’s up? Starting with version 7.8, you can restore them. No matter if these documents were in a tray or file cabinet, they will now first end up in a recycle bin before being finally deleted after 30 days.
Users can recover the documents deleted by themselves, while file cabinet administrators can restore those deleted from their corresponding file cabinet.
The recycle bin from an administrator's perspective: For each document, it shows where it was previously stored, who deleted it and how many days remain until permanent deletion.
For both cloud and on-premises customers, recycle bins are automatically created with this version, which makes time-consuming access to backups to restore deleted documents a thing of the past.
Now also for on-premises customers: DocuWare Connect to Teams
Native integration of Microsoft Teams into DocuWare is now also available to customers with an on-premises system from DocuWare. As with DocuWare Cloud, the communication platform and DocuWare interact in both directions: from Teams to DocuWare via app within Microsoft Teams and from DocuWare to Teams via sharing function, for example in the viewer and result lists.
Store documents from Microsoft Teams directly in DocuWare, either in a tray or file cabinet.
The integration offers many advantages...
- Documents are easy to find, even in the context of other business documents, instead of scattered in chats and channel messages.
- Documents shared across teams are archived in DocuWare in an audit-proof manner.
- Documents shared in Microsoft Teams per DocuWare Link remain protected via pre-defined permissions.
DocuWare Forms: add automatic calculations
DocuWare Forms not only capture data, but they can even calculate. Form entries can now be used for automatic calculations such as adding, multiplying entries with fixed values and much more.
Here’s an example: in a travel expense form, based on the number of miles/kilometers driven, the reimbursement amount can be displayed and added to all other expenses, such as hotel and restaurant visits. The final amount is not only immediately displayed to the applicant, but can also be transferred as an index value and thus used to control the application in the workflow.
The formula builder in Forms: entries from form fields, fixed values, basic arithmetic operations and parentheses are available for calculations.
Further highlights in DocuWare Version 7.8
- Workflow management: transfer external data to DocuWare index tables and use it for further process automation - for example, for position data comparison of several documents
- Single sign-on: support for OpenID Connect offers more identity providers to choose from
- REST API calls: automatic formatting and validation make it easier for administrators to create webhooks and HTTP queries within workflows
- Language diversity: User interface adds Slovenian and Vietnamese - now available in 24 languages
All new features in release description
More information about these features and everything else that’s new – including a description of application fields and benefits – can be found in What's New in DocuWare Version 7. 8, online in the Knowledge Center or as a PDF. Another helpful summary: technical changes in this version.
How the update works
As a DocuWare Cloud customer, you’ll receive the update without having to think about it. The DocuWare Cloud Team will inform you about it well ahead of time.
As a DocuWare customer with an on-premises system, please contact your Authorized DocuWare Partner. They can provide you details on the new features and advise you on various update options.