Document management in human resources
HR has some crucial decisions to make such as whom to hire, how to improve the onboarding process and how to best manage employees.
Document management software assists HR managers with these critical areas by automating the OCR and capture of employee records, HR files and business documents into a central repository. From there, HR managers can create simple workflows to manage these critical areas. Consider these examples:
- Finding the right talent is easy because applications forms and email are stored in one central place for easy retrieval by decision makers, and information flows effortlessly between team members.
- The employee onboarding process is improved as managers can create digital workflows for all new hires, e.g., you can send automatic welcome and orientation emails
Document management in finance and accounting
Achieve efficiency in finance and accounting areas such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial audits.
Realize a new pace in accounts payable by:
- Quickly and easily capturing paper and electronic invoices
- Assigning documents to predefined file structures for easy retrieval
- Automatically matching invoices to purchase orders
- Providing unique workflows for the approval process
- Avoiding human errors, reducing invoice handling, and eliminating manual data entry
Speed up invoice collections by linking related documents to the order process so that you can create and process invoices faster, and track and manage payments. You can, for example, combine invoicing with release workflows.
Finally, you can store a full and secure record of all business transactions which helps during an audit process. These include emails, contracts, and other confidential information. Access this historical information when you need it, without delays.
Document management in sales and marketing
According to a CSO Insights survey, “88% of sales professionals are unable to find or bring up critical sales material up on their smartphones.” The result? Longer sales cycles and lost deals.
A DMS solves this problem by — among other things:
- Capturing leads with web forms that can then be routed to the right sales team
- Storing critical sales and marketing material in a digital repository for retrieval
- Sharing relevant documents and information with team members securely
Ultimately, your employees become empowered, productivity improves and sales and marketing functions better.
Next: How to start with document management software