The DocuWare Desktop Apps provide you with the DocuWare Connect to Outlook, Edit & Send, Import, Export, Printer, Scan, Smart Connect, Windows Explorer Client, Workflow Designer, and additional administrative options.
The installation of the Desktop Apps is necessary, for example, to scan documents directly into the mailbox (Scan App), to save documents directly from Outlook into the mailbox (Connect to Outlook), to activate workflows (Workflow Designer) or to export data to create booking records (Export, launched with version IP7.3T2). Each user who is to work with the applications installs the Desktop Apps locally on their computer.
How it works:
- Open the DocuWare Client and in it the main menu (click on the User name).
- Select "Desktop Apps"
- Select “Install Desktop Apps“
- The DocuWare Desktop Apps setup is now downloaded. Then run the setup as administrator.
- In the next dialog, select the required desktop components and install them.
- The message "Installation completed successfully" appears. Click on "Close".
- After the installation, establish the connection between the DocuWare Desktop Apps and your DocuWare system. To do this, switch back to the DocuWare Client and select the "Connect to Desktop Apps" option from the main menu.