Once an invoice has been indexed and stored in the "Accounting" file cabinet, it will be processed by several workflows depending on settings and decisions made in the process.
IP - 1 Validation
This workflow interrogates the indexing of the invoice and validates it against pre-built criteria. If and exception is found, it is noted and identified to the Invoice Validator. The Validation Workflow is the initial process that all invoices must go through. It is designed to check the integrity of the data that was used to index the document. Following items can be checked:
- Checks for a valid supplier in the vendor master file
- Looks for potential duplicate vendor invoices
- Determines if the date and invoice number are present
- Identifies mathematic errors by ensuring invoice sub-total + tax + freight = gross amount
- Validates the vendor master file expiration dates
- Determines if early payment discounts apply
The workflow also determines if the invoice can be processed using one of the straight through approval methods QuickMatch or 3-Way Match. When the criteria are met, the invoice is considered “pre-approved” and moves directly to the completion process ("Book and Pay").
IP- 2 Assign Approvers (previous versions: Approvals)
Invoices will go directly from review to the completion process.